- This event has passed.
CISA Active Shooter Preparedness Webinar
August 18 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 pm
THIS IS NOT A TACTICAL TRAINING COURSE
About this event
Given today’s ever-changing threat environment, preparing for and training employees to cope with active threats and workplace violence should be a key piece of an organization’s emergency action plan.
A Unique Training Opportunity
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency within the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is hosting a 2-hour Security Webinar to enhance awareness of, and response to, an active shooter incident.
- Discuss the elements of active shooter incident response planning with guidance from expert instructors.
- Describe common behaviors, conditions, and situations associated with active shooter events.
- Discuss how to recognize potential workplace violence indicators.
- Provide information about best practices, communications protocols, and resources that will assist stakeholders to develop or enhance their emergency planning, preparedness, and response to active shooter incidents.
Building Emergency Planning Capabilities
The event will also describe how to incorporate key elements of successful incident management into planning efforts including:
- Communication and Incident Planning for employees
- Emergency Action Plan Development
- Recognizing Behavioral Indicators
- Coordinating with First Responders
Who should Participate?
- Corporate and facility security professionals from the private and public sectors
- Supervisory first responders
- Human Resource managers
- Community Response officials and Liaison officers
- Health organizations
- Faith-based leaders
- School administrators and security officers
- Homeland security representatives
Registration is free and participation is based on a first come, first served basis with a limit of 300 participants.
Registration will close as soon as the event reaches capacity or no later than August 8, 2022 at noon (12:00 p.m.) EDT.
- If your plans change, please cancel your registration or notify us at [email protected]