- This event has passed.
COVID-19 Operational Guidance for Hurricane Season
June 23 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
FEMA Releases COVID-19 Operational Guidance for Hurricane Season
FEMA released “COVID-19 Pandemic Operational Guidance for the 2020 Hurricane Season” to help emergency managers and public health officials best prepare for disasters, while continuing to respond to and recover from COVID-19.
The guide provides actions emergency managers and public officials can take to prepare for response and recovery operations during ongoing COVID-19 response efforts. Specifically, the guidance:
- Describes anticipated challenges to disaster operations posed by COVID-19
- Highlights planning considerations for emergency managers based on current challenges
- Outlines how FEMA plans to adapt response and recovery operations
- Creates a shared understanding of expectations between FEMA and emergency managers
- Includes guidance, checklists and resources to support emergency managers’ response and recovery planning
Private sector and non-governmental organizations can use the guidance to gain an understanding of the government’s posture, planning and readiness efforts.
To expand awareness and understanding of the guidance, FEMA’s National Preparedness Directorate is conducting four webinars. The webinars will allow emergency managers an opportunity to discuss how the guidance can assist jurisdictions review and modify their plans given the constraints and limitations of the ongoing pandemic. To register, please click on the link below.