- This event has passed.
Highly Infectious Disease Annex Workshop
April 6, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
The 2019-2023 HPP Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) requires CVHC to develop a complementary coalition-level infectious disease surge annex to our base medical surge/trauma mass casualty response plan. This annex aims to improve capacity and capabilities to manage a small number of patients with high-consequence pathogens or a large number of patients during a major epidemic or pandemic. It is intended to be a high-level, incident-specific response plan, identifying the experts and specialized resources that exist within CVHC or external to CVHC that are available. Each facility is encouraged to develop more detailed policies/procedures that support their individual operations, but that level of detail is not necessary in this annex.
The workshop will cover the following core elements:
- Indicators/triggers and alerting/notifications of a specialty event
- Initial coordination mechanism and information gathering to determine impact and specialty needs
- Documentation of available local, state, and interstate resources that can support the specialty response and key resource gaps that may require external support (including inpatient and outpatient resources1)
- Access to subject matter experts (SMEs) – local, regional, and national
- Prioritization method for specialty patient transfers (e.g., which patients are most suited for transfer to a specialty facility)
- Relevant baseline or just-in-time training to support specialty care
- Evaluation and exercise plan for the specialty function.
Please click here to see a layout of the general headers and description of the plan.
Register using this link and you will be emailed out the login information the morning of the workshop.