- This event has passed.
ICS Train-the-Trainer (ICS100-400)
January 26 @ 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
One event on January 26, 2023 at 8:30 am
Description: This train-the-trainer course is specifically for persons interested in teaching VDEM ICS sponsored courses for their agency or organization. Participants will learn valuable tips on how to teach each of the ICS courses from experienced instructors. Participants will review the content of each ICS course and develop teaching and facilitation strategies to support the delivery of ICS courses within their agency or organization. Upon successful completion of this course, individuals will be authorized to teach the Introduction, Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Incident Command System courses (ICS 100 – 400), as well as the ICS for Senior Executives/Elected Officials course (ICS-402). Participants completing V450 must be available as an ICS Sponsored Instructor for at least 12 months after completing this class.
Application Process: Enrollment in V450 ICS Train-the-Trainer is by Application. Applicants should complete and return the V450 course application form to include the signature of their agency head and documentation of all required prerequisites. The signature of the applicant’s agency or organizational head indicates his/her support of the applicant as a VDEM Sponsored instructor with authorization to teach ICS courses for the respective agency or organization.
Prerequisites: Applicants must document completion of all of the following prerequisites to be considered for enrollment.
- Successful completion of accredited versions post dated May 2019 of: IS 100, IS 200, ICS 300, ICS 400, IS 700 and IS 800. Please contact Tamara for suggestions of ways to update 100, 200, 700, and 800. If your ICS 300 and 400 are before May 2019 you can schedule a test out with Tamara or take a new ICS 300 and 400 class.
- G191 ICS/EOC Interface (Date doesn’t matter at this time)
- Great if you can take K2300/G2300. Stay tuned for VA offerings
- Significant teaching experience as well as completion of a recognized course(s) in adult learning theory and instructional methodologies
- Practical ICS experience, service as an Incident Commander or in a command or general staff position, or specialized knowledge and experience appropriate for the audience.
Registration: Registration is now OPEN and will remain open until the class fills or a few week prior to the start of class. To register, log-in to the Commonwealth of Virginia Learn Center: https://covlc.virginia.gov/. If you need VLC assistance, please contact the Academic Support Tech (Tamara) or the VDEM Help Desk at [email protected]. For the V450 application see separate attachment or email the Academic Support Tech Tamara, where you will also submit your completed application and prerequisites. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Academic Support Tech via email at [email protected]