- This event has passed.
Medical Preparedness and Response for Bombing Incidents
March 30 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on March 30, 2022 at 8:00 am
The Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services in partnership with the Virginia Department of Emergency Management is pleased to announce this two-day “Medical Preparedness & Response for Bombing Incidents” course presented by Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX).
This course is intended for members of emergency response as well as other city and county services that become a part of a community response to a bombing incident. This interactive, Instructor facilitated program employs case studies, lessons learned, validated medical data, and potential threats to the communities we serve. Sessions will address planning considerations and concerns specific to medical responders, law enforcement, and emergency planners, with an intended outcome of integrating incidents of an explosive nature to existing plans. This will enhance community preparedness by identifying areas to address when attendees return to their jurisdiction.
Topics to be covered:
- Terrorism Target Identification
- Types of Terrorism
- Explosive Characteristics and Behaviors
- Homemade Explosives
- Pre-attack Indicators
- Blast Injury Pattern Recognitionn
- Explosive Incident Triage Considerations
- Pre- and Post-Detonation Response
- Planning and Command Considerations
- Understanding Local/State/Federal Resources
Who should attend?
This training is intended for sworn law enforcement officers, campus/school security officers, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Fire Services, Communications (Dispatchers), Specialty Teams Members (SWAT, Tactical Medics, Bomb Team, Haz Mat), Hospital Personnel, Medical Professionals, Emergency Management, City, County, State, Federal Stakeholders, Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT) and Private Industry
Partial In-service Credit
Partial In-service Credit (PIC) for sworn Virginia law enforcement officers and campus/school security officers is available for this course (13 Career Development Hours). PIC is only approved for the DCJS Sponsored Courses Listed Below
Travel, Lodging & Meals
Participants are responsible for their transportation, lodging arrangements and expenses.
Training Time & Details
- Check in will begin at 7:30 a.m. and course will be held from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Cost and Registration
There is no cost to attend this training, however pre-registration is required via the TEEX online registration system.
TO REGISTER, GO TO https://teex.org/class/mgt348/ then:
- Select your class dates and location and click on the “Register” link on the right. Confirm the class location info, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Continue”.
- If new to the site, create a username and password, or log in if you are a returning student
- On the Class Registration overview page, you will see you have completed 3 steps
- 1. Class Information | 2. Participant Information | 3. Payment and Billing Information
- There is no fee to attend, it will show a 0 balance throughout
- Review your personal information, complete required fields, scroll to the bottom and select “continue”
- You will see a confirmation page with a bar code and your name with the class info below to include the class address, dates and time. You will also receive an e-mail confirming you are registered; please confirm you are registered for the correct class.
- Bring your confirmation printout if possible to class with you
- Completing this process eliminates the need to fill out paper registration in class
- After successful completion of the class return to your log in to view and print your certificate.
If you have any questions or problems accessing the TEEX site please contact their customer service associate Natalie Lopez [email protected]
PLEASE NOTE: DCJS is preparing and planning to continue holding training sessions and conferences after a resumption of normal activities. Every effort will be made to hold this scheduled training, however, due to the uncertainty of the progression of the COVID-19, this training may require rescheduling. You will be notified by email if this training is rescheduled. We appreciate your flexibility and understanding.