- This event has passed.
N95 Respiratory Fit Testing Train-the-Trainer Course
August 20, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
The Virginia Department of Health provides regional Respiratory Fit Testing Train-the-Trainer courses. The course purpose is to ensure that each health district and medical practice have qualified staff to provide respirator fit testing. In addition, the attendee can train others in the proper procedures for fit testing. This training is for qualitative testing using a hood and not quantitative testing.
Everyone that attends the Train-the-Trainer course needs to have:
- Completed the OSHA Medical Questionnaire form
- Secure physicians or other licensed healthcare professional’s signature on the Medical Recommendation form and bring it to the training
- Bring your N95 Fit Test Kit and N95 Respirator to training – See an example. Additional information including a list of vendors can be found here.
- If you do not have a test kit one will be provided on loan
For more information, visit the VDH OEP webpage
- June 30th & July 1st – Department of Social Services (Fairfax)
- July 2nd – Harrisonburg Rescue Squad
- July 7th – Virginia Department of Emergency Management (Richmond)
- July 8th – Peninsula Health District
- July 13th – Virginia Department of Emergency Management (Richmond)
- July 16th – Portsmouth Health Department
- July 28th – State Police Division IV Headquarters
- July 29th & 30th – Roanoke Valley Regional Fire-EMS Training Center
- August 13th – Dinwiddie Community Enhancement Center
- August 17th – Eastern Shore Regional Fire Training Center
- August 18th – Norfolk Health Department – Classroom B/C
- August 20th – Virginia State Police Training Academy
- August 25th – Harrisonburg Rescue Squad
- August 26th – Virginia Department of Social Services
- Sept. 1st – VA Highlands Community College
- Sept. 2nd – Roanoke Valley Regional Fire-EMS Training Center
The course is free but registration below is required. To maintain social distancing there is a cap on the number of attendees so register early.
Contact Donald Moore with questions