- This event has passed.
Surviving and Thriving: Trauma & Resilience Basics Trainer
July 26 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on July 27, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on August 2, 2022 at 9:00 am
One event on August 3, 2022 at 9:00 am
PLEASE NOTE: This training event will be online and include large group and small group activities. You will have access to recorded content of the large group content following the event. All participants will be expected to actively participate in discussion and practice sessions during the workshop. All participants are expected to attend each day of the workshop in full.
Trauma and Resilience Train-the-Trainer:
- Become a trainer in the Surviving and Thriving: Trauma and Resilience Basics curriculum
- 12 hours of live training.
- Electronic access to files needed to provide training, including PowerPoint and digital handouts given prior to workshop for review.
- 3 Learning Collaborative 60-minute sessions following the training (web-based meeting).
- Trainers will gain access to a private Facebook group exclusive to graduates of the Trainer class. Here they can share questions, new learning opportunities, and get support with their training.
- CEU are provided by Old Dominion University (12.0 contact hours at a cost of about $40 per student, payable during event).
- Sessions will be held via Zoom meeting.
- Structure for the class has been four sessions, each of three hours in length.
- 3 Learning Collaborative Calls will be scheduled with input from the group.
- Cost: $300 per person.
Workshop will be held on Zoom. All registered participants will receive Zoom links prior to the workshop. Link will be unique each day and unique for you. Please do not share the link.
This course is designed to prepare selected trainers to utilize the Trauma and Resilience Basics Course in training work within their agency, community partners, and the community at large.
Each participant is required to have attended at least one live presentation of the Trauma and Resilience Basics Course. There will be free community workshop offerings prior to the Trainer workshop. Please see our Eventbrite page for upcoming trainings. Please contact the instructor if needed. Recordings of the Basics Course are available for review for registered participants.
- Selected trainers will be given the opportunity to review all materials and organize them prior to the training day.
- Each participant will attend a 12 hour Train the Trainer session held on Zoom across 4 days. During these 12 hours, participants will work actively in groups to prepare the material to present for each skill section. This course requires participants to present the material to their colleagues in the session and receive feedback from the group which will highlight strengths and opportunities for growth in the presentation delivery and content.
- All participants will be given access to electronic files of material needed for training.
- Participants will be given access to Learning Collaborative sessions. This will involve 3 web-based live 60-minute sessions with the training leader and colleagues to further competencies, ask questions, and share successes and challenges. Sessions will be recorded and made accessible for those who cannot attend live. Learning Collaborative Calls will be scheduled with feedback from participants.
- Participants will gain sufficient knowledge regarding childhood trauma to present workshop to a general workplace or community audience.
- Participants will gain sufficient knowledge regarding skills for building resilient self, individuals, systems, and communities to present workshop to a general workplace or community audience.
- Participants will gain presentation skills to speak in front of a group with competence and confidence.
- Participants will gain skills of self-evaluation and the initial ability to connect with an audience to improve workshop quality.
- Participants will gain skills to respond to audience questions and the ability to seek out new information to enhance their workshop content.
Feel free to contact the trainer, John Richardson-Lauve, with any questions. [email protected] or 804-647-2245.
Target Audience- Participants should meet the following qualifications:
- Comfort and skill presenting to an audience
- Basic competency in the material or desire to learn
- Charisma to engage an audience for the duration of the training event.
If for some reason you register and are unable to attend, refunds can be processed up to 7 days prior to the event. Refunds cannot be processed after that time. Eventbrite processing fees are non-refundable.
If you are registering multiple people, need to pay by check or purchase order, or would like to avoid Eventbrite fees, please contact John Richardson-Lauve directly at [email protected]
This workshop will be presented by John Richardson-Lauve, LCSW. John is the Director of Mental Health and Lead Trauma and Resilience Educator at ChildSavers. He has traveled across the United States presenting trainings on topics associated with trauma-informed care for communities, school systems, workplaces, and conferences.