- This event has passed.
VDH: Respiratory Fit Testing Train-the-Trainer
November 3 @ 9:00 am - 11:30 am
The purpose of the Respiratory Fit Testing Train-the-Trainer course is to ensure that each Health District has two individuals qualified to provide respirator fit testing for their district. In addition, the attendee will be able to train others in the proper procedures for fit-testing. This training is for qualitative testing using a hood, and not quantitative testing.
- Develop and maintain an OSHA-compliant respiratory protection program
- Use respirators to limit exposure to infectious respiratory agents
- Properly fit-test an N-95 respirator and train others on the procedures
Advance Preparation -Everyone who attends the Train-the-Trainer training needs to have:
- Completed the OSHA Medical Questionnaire form
- Secured the signature of a physician or other licensed healthcare professional on the Medical Recommendation Form and bring it to the training
- A N95 Fit Test Kit like this one (click here). Each participant should bring their Fit Test Kit and N95 mask with them to the training.
NOTE 1: Fit test kits are available for purchase from many medical suppliers. Please check with your organization’s medical supplier regarding the availability of fit test kits. You may find that because you are an existing customer that they may sell you a fit test kit ahead of non-existing customers.
NOTE 2: VDH is only doing the initial fit testing, and any further checks/maintenance/documentation etc. are the responsibility of the employer/employee.
NOTE 3: CVHC does have 4 loaner kits and ODEMSA has 2, if you cannot get your own please contact Megan Middleton to borrow one of these if the kits are still available.
A certificate of completion will be issued by TrainVA once attendance to the course has been verified.