- This event has passed.
VHHA Leadership Conversations: VA Healthcare Workforce Strategies
November 19 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
The first webinar in this series will highlight current thinking and trends regarding the Virginia healthcare workforce. Hear from a panel of Virginia hospital and health system leaders discussing strategies to ensure a robust and viable workforce that can meet the current and future health needs of the Commonwealth.
The webinar will: (1) review workforce challenges experienced by Virginia hospitals and health systems over the past 18 months; (2) explore organizational responses to these challenges; and (3) discuss long-term strategies to ensure hospitals and health systems remain viable and successful in the post-pandemic world.
Panelists will include:
- Steve Arner, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Carilion Clinic and Chair, VHHA Board of Directors (MODERATOR)
- Michael McDermott, MD, MBA, CEO, Mary Washington Healthcare
- Becky Sawyer, MPA, Executive Vice President and Chief People Officer, Sentara Healthcare
- Linda Shepherd, RN, MBA, Chief Nursing Officer, Johnston Memorial/Ballad Health, President, Virginia Nurses Association
- April Hansen, Group President, Workforce Solutions, Qualivis
This webinar is open to all leaders and providers affiliated with Virginia hospitals and health systems.
By attending this event participants may earn up to 1.5 ACHE Qualified Education Hours toward initial certification or recertification of the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) designation.