- This event has passed.
Drone Assessment and Response Tactics
January 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on January 18, 2023 at 8:00 am
One event on January 19, 2023 at 8:00 am
This course provides first responders and emergency managers with the knowledge and tools necessary to detect, identify, track, assess, respond and report UAS activity. Participants are presented with information on the current UAS terrorist and criminal threat, technology, and analog and electronic detection techniques. Participants are guided through demonstrations and exercises on the varying UAS types, their capabilities, and simulated threats involving Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
- Recognize Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) uses and components.
- Recognize the threat posed by the criminal and terrorist use of commercially available Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) technology.
- Identify Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (CUAS) tactics available to emergency first responders.
- Recognize regulations, laws, and policies pertaining to the use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
- Discuss CUAS Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) used throughout a case study.
- Identify TTPs to detect UAS activity using visual, audio or technological resources.
- Distinguish between types of UAS, payloads, and legal/safe operations.
- Recognize effective methods to track UAS activity and communicate to appropriate authorities.
- Assess Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) activity and recommend response options and considerations.
- Discuss response considerations to respond and deter unsafe, unauthorized, illegal, or terrorist Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) activity.
- Understand evidence collection and reporting Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) activity to appropriate agencies.
Who should attend:
This training is intended for sworn law enforcement officers, campus security officers, school security officers, fire services, emergency medical services, emergency management.
Partial In-service Credit:
Partial In-service Credit (PIC) for sworn Virginia law enforcement officers and campus/school security officers is PENDING.
There is no cost to attend this training, however pre-registration is required.
Travel, Lodging and Meals:
Participants are responsible for their transportation and lodging arrangements and expenses.
Training Time and Details:
Check in will begin at 7:30 a.m. and course will be held from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m