The Central Virginia Healthcare Coalition serves a critical role in our community by leading healthcare organizations in regional, collaborative efforts to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and disasters.
The Coalition’s Members are PREPARED.
- Trainings, exercises, and workshops.
- Collaborative region-level plans.
- Resources to help meet new emergency preparedness CMS requirements and accreditation standards.
- Documentation of participation in the healthcare coalition to support compliance of CMS and accreditation standards.
The Coalition’s Members are CONNECTED.
- Coordination with Public Health and Emergency Management before, during, and after an emergency.
- Situational awareness briefs and alerts.
- 24/7 emergency assistance from the Regional Healthcare Coordination Center (RHCC) to support unexpected incidents.
- Integration into regional response plans.
- Access to mutual aid plans and resource sharing during emergencies.
The Coalition’s Members are EMPOWERED.
- The Coalition provides the right information at the right time to make sound decisions affecting patient care during emergencies and disasters.
- Engagement with critical stakeholders during regional planning, response, and recovery efforts.
- Healthcare intelligence, alerts, and best practices to drive preparedness strategy.
- Advocacy for and insights into local, regional, and statewide preparedness and response policy for healthcare.