The Central Virginia Healthcare Coalition serves a critical role in our community by leading healthcare organizations in regional, collaborative efforts to prepare for, respond to, and recover from emergencies and disasters.
Pending Explanation Document
The Coalition’s Members are PREPARED.
- Trainings, exercises, and workshops.
- Collaborative region-level plans.
- Resources to help meet new emergency preparedness CMS requirements and accreditation standards.
- Documentation of participation in the healthcare coalition to support compliance of CMS and accreditation standards.
The Coalition’s Members are CONNECTED.
- Coordination with Public Health and Emergency Management before, during, and after an emergency.
- Situational awareness briefs and alerts.
- 24/7 emergency assistance from the Regional Healthcare Coordination Center (RHCC) to support unexpected incidents.
- Integration into regional response plans.
- Access to mutual aid plans and resource sharing during emergencies.
The Coalition’s Members are EMPOWERED.
- The Coalition provides the right information at the right time to make sound decisions affecting patient care during emergencies and disasters.
- Engagement with critical stakeholders during regional planning, response, and recovery efforts.
- Healthcare intelligence, alerts, and best practices to drive preparedness strategy.
- Advocacy for and insights into local, regional, and statewide preparedness and response policy for healthcare.