Essentials of Community Cybersecurity (AWR-136)
November 1 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
AWR-136 provides participants with an introduction to concepts related to community cybersecurity. Participants will examine the different types of cyber attacks, how communities are vulnerable to cyber attacks and incidents, and what types of organizations are most likely to be targeted. This course will also introduce the participants to the Community Cyber Security Maturity Model and how to use the model to build a community cybersecurity program and their cyber resilience. This is an in-person class.
- Why cybersecurity is important
- Unstructured threats
- Structured threats
- Highly structured threats
- The Community Cybersecurity Maturity Model (CCSMM)
- Things a community can do to initiate a cybersecurity program
- Where to go for help
FEMA / SID Number: Students must register for and provide a SID number to access the class. Register here for one.
IACET – 0.4 CEUs
- Public and Private Personnel Involved with:
- Critical Infrastructure
- Emergency Operations
- Incident Response