- This event has passed.
Medical Countermeasures POD Planning and Response VILT Course
December 8, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
One event on December 9, 2020 at 8:30 am
This course is a guide for local health officials and their partners to coordinate plans to provide mass distribution of medical countermeasures in response to a large-scale public health incident. This course focuses on planning considerations, recommendation to achieve the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) 48-hour standard for Mass Prophylaxis, and the local community’s Mass Prophylaxis and Point of Dispensing (POD) site preparedness. The course material is applicable to pandemic influenza, bio-terrorism, and other public health emergencies.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Response to terrorist Strike
- Potential epidemic or pandemic events
- High contagious disease and H7N9, H3N2
- Resource capability accessibility and sustainment
- Strategic National Stockpile
- The first day of training focuses on the community plan and how to achieve CDC’s 48 hour standard for mass prophylaxis. The second day of training focuses on Point of Dispensing site preparedness. The course material is applicable to pandemic influenza, bioterrorism, and epidemic preparedness. Participants also receive a mass prophylaxis planning “toolbox.”
Although the virtual course is the same as the face-to-face in content, the virtual delivery has not been certified by ENA or AAFP for continuing education.
Registration and Logistics
When you registering for the class, it appears at first glance that this is a three-day course. It is only a two-day course. Day 1 is considered a pre-test/admin day. The only requirement on day 1 is for the participants to take the 20 question pre-test and download their course materials. The class will begin at 0830 on Days 2 and 3. The ZOOM link for the class will be made available to the students upon completion of their pre-test.
Course Completion and Requirements
Students must register using their SID number.
Please read these Instructions prior to registering. Email Megan Middleton if you have any issues.